It’s no secret that monthly giving programs offer many advantages to public broadcasting stations – from increasing donor retention and average gift sizes, to lowering operating costs and providing predictable cash flow. In fact, building and maintaining a healthy Sustainer program is a win-win situation for both you and your members.
Many stations have had great success in enrolling monthly givers in the last few years. Now there’s a new problem: Once you’ve got them, can you just put them on the shelf and expect them to keep the cash flowing?
Here’s the harsh reality:
If you ignore them, eventually you’ll lose them! But if you make them feel special and valued, they’ll stay involved, keep giving, and give even more over time.
Your goal is to inform, engage, and nurture them. Find out what programs interest them most, and keep them updated. Show how their giving is having an impact on your current activities. Update them on your financial health and long-term goals. Continue to show your appreciation and why they matter.
To maximize the lifetime value of your Sustainers, you must treat them like your “Best Customers.”
If you don’t have the resources in house to easily accomplish this, DMW Fundraising has the tools you need right now!Contact Us
DMW Fundraising works with you to design and implement a Sustainer strategy customized to your needs:
- Work in partnership with a DMW Fundraising Team that has successfully managed award-winning Sustainer programs – both within public media, and at other nonprofits
- Expertise in data mining and analysis with the most-used database systems in public media
- Strategic planning
- Revenue projections
- Prospect identification
- Communications audit
And we’re not just talk! We can immediately execute your strategy, with Solicitation Tools that convert donors and increase their giving with consistent, branded messaging:
- Sustainer Invitation mailings and emails
- Buckslips for integrating sustainer messaging in renewals, acknowledgements, and other mailings
- Sustainer Upgrade mailings and emails
- Additional gift mailings (don’t forget these were your best add gift givers!)
- Lapsed Sustainer Reactivation mailings
- Telemarketing strategy and management
Cultivation Tools that nurture long-term relationships and grow support:
- Bimonthly Newsletters that illustrate the impact of their ongoing support – proven to generate extra gifts!
- Sustainer Welcome packets
- End-of-year Summary Tax Acknowledgements
- Sustainer MemberCard mailings
- Sustainer Surveys
- Annual Report/financial summary mailings
- Program Update postcards and emails
- Messages from the President/GM